Issues & Priorities
The baby in the womb wants to live! God creates life: whether by test-tube or natural means. As a mother, I understand the importance of protecting life. As the next Lt. Governor of Virginia, I will fight to protect life, not devalue it.
Furthermore, late-term abortion and infanticide (killing of the baby after birth) is also murder. What is happening at the hands of Democrat lawmakers (like our Governor) across this country is wicked; therefore, I will do everything in my power to stop this act from taking place in Virginia.
I will defend our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. We have seen the continued whittling away of this right. I believe the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects individual gun ownership. Gun control laws infringe on the right to self-defense and deny people a sense of safety. Gun control laws DO NOT deter crime; rather it is gun ownership that deters crime.
Parental School Choice
I believe in parental school choice. Currently, school funding is awarded to the school building and not the child; therefore the child is not as important. Poor children, especially, are trapped in poorly performing schools since their parent does not have the resources to move to a better school district. Parental school choice will return the parent’s rights to send their child to a private school, public school, or charter school. I believe that this is the best way to fix the problems in our public school system.
Further, we must reopen our schools immediately. Under the hypocritical policies of the current administration, school children have fallen drastically behind in their education, furthermore, those children who were already behind have fallen even further!
Ballot Box Integrity
1. Voter ID Requirements: Virginia must require the use of a State, Federal, or REAL ID that matches the voter registration roll in order to both receive and cast a ballot.
2. Updated Voter Rolls: Secure elections in Virginia begin with accurate voter rolls. This must begin with a monthly voter roll purge completed by the Virginia Department of Elections, along with increased interstate communication regarding all new voter registrations and the removal of outdated voter rolls. Currently, about thirty states have reciprocating agreements to share voter information changes when the voter moves from one state to the other.
3. Strict Vote By Mail Requirements: All vote by mail ballots must be requested by the registered voter and include a proper identification affidavit. In addition, all vote by mail ballots must be returned in a secure manner—meaning no transportation (harvesting) by a third party.
4. American made Voting Machines: Voting machines in Virginia must be American made, American owned, designed, and have software engineered in America. They must also provide each voter with a printed receipt to ensure the correct vote was counted.
5. Unrestricted Access to the Voting Process: Poll watchers and inspectors must have complete and unrestricted viewership access to all vote counting, ballot transportation, and vote by mail intake. This applies to all parties, campaigns, and election integrity organizations.
6. Paper receipts must be provided to the voter indicating the veracity of the ballot that was just cast.
Reopen our Economy
Hypocritical COVID-19 shutdowns have decimated the Virginia small business community. As a small business owner myself, I understand the importance of getting people back to work and I believe that Virginia must be safely reopened. Virginia citizens need to continue to social distance and adhere to health guidelines but the governor cannot continue to keep Virginian’s jobless. As your next Lt. Governor I will work with health officials to find the best solution possible to safely reopen our Commonwealth.